What is Iron Oxide (Magnetite)?
Iron oxide, specifically referred to as Fe3O4, is commonly known as magnetite. This is a magnetic form of iron ore with both synthetic and naturally occurring variants. Magnetite, due to its rich iron content and magnetic properties, has a range of applications in various industrial processes.
Origin of Iron Oxide (Magnetite)
Our Iron Oxide (Magnetite) is available of both synthetic and mineral origin. This guarantees a wide range of purity levels and physical properties to meet the different needs of our customers.
Major Applications of Iron Oxide (Magnetite)
The intrinsic properties of Magnetite open the door to a variety of applications:
- As a dense medium in heavy media separation.
- In the production of ferrofluids.
- For magnetic storage and data transfer in technological devices.
- In the manufacture of pigments and ink.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I store Iron Oxide (Magnetite)? Store the material in a dry, cool environment, protected from moisture and oxidative influences.
- Is Iron Oxide (Magnetite) Safe? Although it is generally considered safe, it is advisable to avoid inhalation and prolonged contact with the skin.
- Where can I find more information about Iron Oxide (Magnetite)? You can find in-depth details about this material in the supplied safety data sheets or on Pubchem.
Where can I buy Iron Oxide (Magnetite)?
Looking for high-quality iron oxide for your industrial or technological needs? Our range of Iron Oxide (Magnetite) offers both synthetic and naturally occurring variants, all of which have been tested for quality and purity. Dive deeper into the world of magnetism and order your desired Iron Oxide today.