What is Silicon?
Silicon is an essential element with the symbol Si and atomic number 14. As a metalloid, it is known for its versatility and is the second most abundant element in the Earth’s crust.
Properties of Silicon
Silicon has some unique and important properties:
- Widely used in the semiconductor industry due to its excellent semiconductor properties.
- High thermal stability.
- Good oxidation resistance.
Applications of Silicon in Laboratories
In laboratory settings, silicon has several crucial applications:
- Manufacture and study of microelectronic devices.
- Research into solar cells and photovoltaic materials.
- Used in various synthesis and as a catalyst in certain chemical reactions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Silicon safe to handle? Yes, with correct handling, silicon is safe. As with all chemicals, it is important to work with appropriate protective equipment and keep the substance away from children and pets.
- Where can I find more information about Silicon? For detailed information on Silicon, please consult the supplied safety data sheet or visit Pubchem.
Where can I buy high quality Silicon for laboratory use?
If you’re looking for reliable silicon for your laboratory applications, you’ve come to the right place. We offer silicon that meets the strictest quality standards, ensuring accuracy and consistency in your experiments.