What is Sodium Boron Hydride?
Sodium borohydride, with the chemical formula NaBH4, is a white, crystalline, water-soluble solid. It is known for its powerful reducing properties and is often used in laboratories and industrial processes.
What do you use Sodium Boron Hydride for?
Sodium borohydride has several applications, including:
- Organic synthesis: As a reducing agent for the conversion of certain functional groups.
- Pharmaceutical industry: In the production of certain medicines.
- Textile industry: As a bleaching agent for cellulose fibres.
Properties of Sodium Boron Hydride
Sodium borohydride is a powerful reducing agent that can quickly and efficiently reduce a wide range of organic molecules. It is especially effective in an alkaline environment.
Other common areas of application:
- As a reducing agent in the polymer industry.
- In the production of fine chemicals.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I safely store Sodium Boron Hydride? It should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from sources of inflammation and strong acids.
- Is Sodium Boron Hydride Dangerous? Yes, it can release a flammable gas upon contact with water. Always ensure appropriate safety measures when handling.
- Is Sodium Boron Hydride Water Soluble? Yes, it is soluble in water and can produce flammable gases upon decomposition.
- Where can I find more information about Sodium Boron Hydride? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Sodium Boron Hydride?
Are you looking for Sodium borohydride for organic synthesis, pharmaceutical production or other applications? DutchChems supplies top quality sodium borohydride for your specific needs.