What is Tungsten?
Tungsten, also known as tungsten, is a chemical element with the symbol W and atomic number 74. It is known for its incredible hardness and high melting point, making it a much sought-after material in laboratories and various experimental processes.
Properties of Tungsten
Some unique properties of tungsten are:
- Has the highest melting point of all metals.
- Excellent electrical conductivity.
- Resistance to corrosion and oxidation.
Applications of Tungsten in Laboratories
Tungsten has a wide range of uses, including:
- Research into materials that are resistant to temperature extremes.
- As an electrode in electrochemical studies.
- In radiation shields and sources due to its high density.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the best way to store Tungsten? Store tungsten in a dry place, away from acids and other reactive substances.
- Where can I find more information about Tungsten? For detailed information on tungsten, visit Pubchem.
Where can I buy high quality Tungsten for laboratory use?
Are you looking for pure tungsten for your scientific needs? Our tungsten is perfectly suited for a wide range of laboratory applications, from high temperature experiments to electrochemical studies.