What is Magnesium Nitrate?
Magnesium nitrate, with the chemical formula Mg(NO3)2, is a highly soluble, hygroscopic salt used in various industrial and laboratory applications. DutchChems supplies high quality magnesium nitrate, ideal for various professional purposes.
What do you use Magnesium nitrate for?
Magnesium nitrate has various applications, such as:
- Agriculture: As a source of magnesium for crops.
- Chemistry: As a starting material for the production of other magnesium compounds.
- Laboratories: In various experiments because of its solubility and reactive properties.
Properties of Magnesium Nitrate
Magnesium nitrate is a white, crystalline salt that is highly soluble in water. It easily attracts moisture from the air, which means that it must be stored in tightly sealed containers in a dry place.
Other common areas of application:
- As a catalyst in the production of petrochemicals.
- For the production of refractory materials by combining it with organic substances.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I store Magnesium nitrate safely? Due to its hygroscopic nature, Magnesium nitrate should be stored in tightly sealed containers in a dry, cool place.
- Is Magnesium Nitrate Flammable? Yes, it can be flammable under certain conditions, especially when in contact with organic materials.
- What is the chemical formula of Magnesium Nitrate? Its chemical formula is Mg(NO3)2.
- Where can I find more information about Magnesium Nitrate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Magnesium nitrate?
Looking for Magnesium nitrate for agriculture, chemical production or laboratory research? DutchChems supplies high-quality Magnesium nitrate for these applications and more. Order now for fast delivery!