What is Molybdenum Disulfide?
Molybdenum disulfide, with the chemical formula MoS2, is a dark gray to black powdery compound known for its excellent lubricating properties. This inorganic compound is often used in lubricants, especially at high pressure and high temperature.
What are you using Molybdenum disulfide for?
Molybdenum disulfide has various applications, such as:
- Lubricant: It is often added to greases due to its excellent anti-wear properties.
- Industrial: As a dry lubricant for metal surfaces.
- Electronics: In semiconductor applications due to its unique electronic properties.
Properties of Molybdenum Disulfide
Molybdenum disulfide has a low coefficient of friction, which makes it an excellent material for lubrication. In addition, it is chemically stable, water-repellent and has good thermal stability.
Other common areas of application:
- As a catalyst in the petrochemical industry.
- In coatings to improve wear resistance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I safely store Molybdenum disulfide? Store it in a cool, dry place in a tightly sealed container to minimize contact with air and moisture.
- Is Molybdenum disulfide toxic? Overexposure can cause health problems. Always ensure appropriate safety measures when handling.
- What else is Molybdenum disulfide used for outside of lubrication? It is also used in the semiconductor industry and as a catalyst in some chemical processes.
- Where can I find more information about Molybdenum Disulfide? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Molybdenum disulfide?
Looking for Molybdenum Disulfide for industrial lubrication, semiconductor applications or other specific needs? Rely on our range for quality and efficiency in your applications.