What is Calcium Oxide – Quicklime?
Calcium oxide, commonly known as quicklime, is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula CaO. It is a white, caustic, alkaline crystalline solid and is widely used in various industries. Our Calcium Oxide is of high quality and ideal for professional applications.
What to use Calcium Oxide – Quicklime for?
Calcium oxide has several important applications:
- Building and Construction: As an important component of cement.
- Water treatment: For neutralizing acidic waters.
- Chemical production: In the production of other chemicals.
- Agriculture: To correct the pH of acidic soils.
Properties of Calcium Oxide – Quicklime
Quicklime is highly reactive and releases a large amount of heat when it comes into contact with water. This is often used in laboratory experiments and industrial processes.
Other common areas of application:
- For the production of glass, ceramics and lime paint.
- As a desiccant in chemical reactions.
- In the steel industry to remove impurities.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Calcium Oxide – Quicklime Dangerous? Yes, it can cause burns on contact with the skin and is irritating to the eyes and respiratory tract. It should be handled with care.
- What is the chemical formula of Calcium Oxide? Its chemical formula is CaO.
- Where can I find more information about Calcium Oxide – Quicklime? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Calcium Oxide – Quicklime?
Are you looking for Calcium Oxide – Quicklime for industrial, construction or agricultural purposes? At DutchChems you will find high quality calcium oxide, suitable for various applications. Place your order now for fast and safe delivery!