What is Butyl Acetate?
Butyl acetate is an organic compound known for its fruity smell and is often associated with the smell of apples. Its chemical formula is C6H12O2. It is a colorless liquid that is well soluble in most organic solvents, but only slightly soluble in water.
What are you using Butyl Acetate for?
- Solvent: In the production of lacquers, paints, nail polishes and other cosmetics due to the rapid rate of evaporation.
- Production: As an intermediate in the chemical industry.
- Fragrance and flavouring: Due to its fruity smell, it is sometimes used in perfumes and flavorings.
- Adhesives: In the production of adhesives.
Dangers of Butyl Acetate
Butyl acetate can cause respiratory irritation when the fumes are inhaled. Contact with the skin can also cause mild irritation. It is recommended to work in a well-ventilated area and wear personal protective equipment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Butyl Acetate dangerous?
Although it is safe under normal use, it can cause irritation with prolonged exposure or inhalation of fumes.
- What is Butyl acetate most commonly used for?
It is often used as a solvent in lacquers, paints and cosmetics.
- Where can I find more information about Butyl Acetate?
For more detailed details, please visit [Pubchem – Butyl acetate].
Where Can I Buy High Quality Butyl Acetate?
For high quality Butyl acetate you have come to the right place at DutchChems.