What is Ethyl Acetate?
Ethyl acetate is a colorless, volatile liquid with a distinctive sweet odor, similar to that of pears. It has the chemical formula C4H8O2. This ester is widely used as a solvent in various industrial applications, including paints, coatings and adhesives.
What do you use Ethyl Acetate for?
- Solvent: In paint, lacquer, varnish, ink and adhesives.
- Extraction solvent: For the purification of certain processes in the pharmaceutical and food industry.
- Perfume & Cosmetics: Due to its pleasant smell, it is sometimes used in perfumes and nail polish removers.
- Production of plastics: In the production of certain plastics and resins.
- Laboratory applications: As a volatile solvent in organic synthesis.
Dangers of Ethyl Acetate
Ethyl acetate is highly flammable and can be irritating to the eyes and skin. It is important to work in a well-ventilated area and avoid direct contact with the fabric.
Other common areas of application:
- In the production of artificial leather goods.
- As a flavouring in food and beverages.
- In printing processes due to its solvent characteristics.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Ethyl Acetate Safe?
Yes, if handled and stored correctly. Avoid inhalation of fumes and contact with skin and eyes.
- Is Ethyl Acetate edible?
Although it is sometimes used as a flavoring agent, one should not consume pure ethyl acetate.
- Where can I find more information about Ethyl Acetate?
For detailed information, please visit [Pubchem – Ethyl Acetate].
Where can I buy high quality ethyl acetate?
Are you looking for top quality ethyl acetate? DutchChems delivers reliably and quickly. We ensure the best quality for your industrial needs.