What is Hydrogen Peroxide?
Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound with the formula H₂O₂. In its pure form, it is a pale blue liquid that is slightly more viscous than water. Hydrogen peroxide is a powerful oxidizing agent that is used in different concentrations for various purposes.
What do you use Hydrogen Peroxide for?
- Disinfectant: In low concentrations, it is often used for disinfecting cuts and abrasions.
- Bleach: In the cosmetic industry and barbershops, it is used to bleach hair.
- Detergent: It is used as a cleaning agent, especially for removing stains on textiles.
- Industrial use: In higher concentrations, it is used in industry as an oxidizing agent, bleach and for wastewater treatment.
Dangers of Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide can be irritating to the eyes, skin and respiratory tract, especially in higher concentrations. It is also a strong oxidizing agent, which means it can cause fire in contact with flammable materials. Therefore, it is important to exercise caution when handling and storing hydrogen peroxide.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Hydrogen Peroxide toxic?
Hydrogen peroxide can be harmful if swallowed and may cause irritation on skin contact. It is always important to take precautions when using them.
- What is the shelf life of Hydrogen Peroxide?
Depending on storage conditions, hydrogen peroxide can break down over time, especially when exposed to light. Store it in a dark, cool place for maximum shelf life.
- Where can I find more information about Hydrogen Peroxide?
For detailed information about hydrogen peroxide, please visit [Pubchem – Hydrogen Peroxide].
Where can I buy high quality hydrogen peroxide?
For high quality hydrogen peroxide you can always contact DutchChems.