What is Magnesium?
Magnesium is a lightweight, silvery-white alkaline earth metal known for its low density and high corrosion resistance. Magnesium in its pure form has various applications thanks to its unique properties. We offer magnesium in various forms: rod, ribbon, turning, bar and powder, to meet the specific requirements of your applications.
Properties of Magnesium
Magnesium is characterized by:
- Excellent heat conductive properties.
- High strength-to-weight ratio.
- Electrical conductivity.
Applications of Magnesium
Due to its unique characteristics, magnesium is applied in various ways:
- In the aviation and automotive industry due to its lightweight and strength.
- As an alloying element in the production of stronger and lighter metals.
- In fireworks and flash photography as a light source.
- As a reducer in organic synthesis.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Magnesium reactive? Yes, magnesium is reactive, especially in powder form, and can cause violent reactions, especially when exposed to water or air.
- How should I store Magnesium safely? Store magnesium in a dry, well-ventilated area, away from sources of ignition and incompatible substances.
- Where can I find more information about Magnesium? For detailed details on Magnesium, please consult the supplied safety data sheet or visit Pubchem.
Where can I buy Magnesium in various forms?
Looking for versatile magnesium in various forms such as rod, ribbon, turning, bar or powder? Discover our extensive selection of high-quality magnesium for your specific industrial and research needs.