What is Phosphoric Acid?
Phosphoric acid is a weak acid with the chemical formula H₃PO₄. It is a clear, colorless, odorless liquid that is mainly used in the production of fertilizers. In addition, it is used in food, beverages and various industrial processes.
What do you use Phosphoric Acid for?
Phosphoric acid has several uses, including:
- Fertilizer production: The main application is in the production of phosphates used in fertilizers.
- Food and beverages: As an acidity regulator in various products such as soft drinks.
- Cleaning agent: For removing rust and for surface treatment of metals prior to painting or soldering.
- Chemical production: As an intermediate in the synthesis of various chemicals.
Dangers of Phosphoric Acid
Phosphoric acid can cause irritation to the skin and eyes on direct contact. It is important to wear appropriate protective clothing and avoid direct contact.
Other common areas of application:
- Use in cosmetics such as skin care products.
- As a pH controller in various industrial processes.
- In the production of soap and detergents.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Phosphoric Acid Dangerous?
- When in direct contact, it can cause irritation to skin and eyes.
- In which foods can I find Phosphoric Acid?
- It is often added to soft drinks and certain processed foods as a preservative and flavor enhancer.
- Where can I find more information about Phosphoric Acid?
- For detailed information about Phosphoric Acid, please visit PubChem.
Where can I buy high quality phosphoric acid?
For phosphoric acid of the highest quality you have come to the right place at DutchChems. We ensure fast delivery and a product that meets the highest standards.