What is Potassium Bicarbonate?
Potassium bicarbonate, with the chemical formula KHCO₃, is a white crystalline powder widely used in food processing, medicine and other industries. It is an alkaline substance known for its mild, salty taste. Our Potassium Bicarbonate is of high quality and meets all standards for professional use.
What do you use Potassium Bicarbonate for?
Potassium bicarbonate has several uses, such as:
- Food processing: As a leavening agent in bakery products and as an acidity regulator in various foods.
- Medicine: As an antacid for the treatment of acidic stomach diseases.
- Agriculture: As a soil improver to increase the pH value of acidic soils.
Properties of Potassium Bicarbonate
Potassium bicarbonate is water-soluble and acts as an efficient source of potassium, especially in agricultural applications. It also reacts with acids to produce carbon dioxide, which is useful in baking applications.
Other common areas of application:
- As a fire extinguishing agent in powder extinguishers.
- In the winery to regulate the acidity of wines.
- As a buffer solution in laboratory settings.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Potassium Bicarbonate Safe for Consumption? Yes, it is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) when used in accordance with good manufacturing practices.
- What is the chemical formula of Potassium Bicarbonate? Its chemical formula is KHCO₃.
- Where can I find more information about Potassium Bicarbonate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Potassium Bicarbonate?
Looking for Potassium Bicarbonate for food processing, medical or agricultural applications? DutchChems supplies high-quality Potassium Bicarbonate for baking, pH regulation and more. Order now for fast delivery!