What is Potassium Bromine?
Potassium bromide, with the chemical formula KBr, is a white crystalline powder used in many industries ranging from photography to medicine. It is a salt best known for its uses as a sedative and anticonvulsant. At DutchChems, Potassium Bromide is offered in a pure form, suitable for various professional applications.
What do you use Potassium Bromine for?
Potassium bromide has a wide range of applications:
- Photography: As part of the development processes for black and white photography.
- Medicine: As an anticonvulsant and sedative, especially in animals.
- Chemical research: As a reagent in laboratories.
Properties of Potassium Bromide
Potassium bromide is well soluble in water and, when dissolved, tends to absorb light. This makes it useful in infrared spectroscopy.
Other common areas of application:
- In the optics for the production of infrared permeable lenses.
- As a flame retardant in everyday products.
- As a stabilizer in cosmetics and personal care products.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Potassium Bromide Safe? When used properly and in the right quantities, it is safe. However, excessive intake can cause health problems.
- What is the chemical formula of Potassium Bromine? Its chemical formula is KBr.
- Where can I find more information about Potassium Bromide? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where Can I Buy Potassium Bromine?
Looking for Potassium Bromide for photography, medical purposes or chemical research? DutchChems offers pure Potassium Bromide for various applications, such as infrared analysis, medical treatments and more. Order now for fast delivery!