What is Light Sodium Carbonate?
Light Sodium Carbonate, more commonly known as dry sodium carbonate or simply soda, with the chemical formula Na2CO3, is a white, hygroscopic, granular powder. This alkaline salt is widely used in industry, households and laboratories.
What do you use Light Sodium Carbonate for?
Light Sodium Carbonate has several applications, including:
- Glass production: A key component in the production of glass.
- Chemical industry: As a basis in various chemical processes.
- Household: As a water softener in detergents and for general cleaning.
Properties of Light Sodium Carbonate
This light, dry sodium carbonate dissolves quickly in water, forming an alkaline solution.
Other common areas of application:
- In the production of soaps and detergents.
- As a pH regulator in swimming pools.
- In the textile industry for the treatment of wool and silk.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I safely store Light Sodium Carbonate? Store it in a dry environment, protected from moisture and in a tightly sealed container.
- Is Light Sodium Carbonate Dangerous for the Skin? It can cause irritation on direct contact, so it is advisable to wear protective clothing when handling.
- Can I use it to treat my pool water? Yes, it is often used as a pH regulator in swimming pools.
- Where can I find more information about Light Sodium Carbonate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Light Sodium Carbonate?
Looking for Light Sodium Carbonate for industrial applications, household use or laboratory experiments? DutchChems supplies top quality sodium carbonate for your specific needs.