What is Trisodium Citrate?
Trisodium citrate, known by its chemical formula Na3C6H5O7, appears as a white to colorless crystalline powder. This salt is especially appreciated for its ability to regulate acidity in solutions and is widely used in both the food industry and medical applications.
What do you use Trisodium Citrate for?
Trisodium citrate has a variety of applications:
- Food industry: As a preservative and stabilizer to regulate the acidity of foods and beverages.
- Medical: In blood collection tubes to prevent the blood from clotting.
- Industrial: As a buffer in detergents.
Properties of Trisodium Citrate
Trisodium citrate is highly soluble in water and effectively acts as a pH buffering agent.
Other common areas of application:
- In the cosmetics industry in shampoos and conditioners.
- As an anticoagulant in plasmapheresis procedures.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I safely store Trisodium Citrate? Store it in a cool, dry place in a tightly sealed container.
- Is Trisodium Citrate Safe for Consumption? Yes, but it is always good to check the purity and recommended dosages for specific applications.
- Can it be used in medical applications? Yes, it is often used as an anticoagulant in medical applications such as blood collection tubes.
- Where can I find more information about Trisodium Citrate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where Can I Buy Trisodium Citrate?
Are you looking for Trisodium Citrate for culinary, medical or industrial applications? DutchChems offers top quality Trisodium Citrate for your specific requirements.