What is Sodium Hypochlorite?
Sodium hypochlorite, also known as bleach or simply “bleach”, is a chemical compound with the formula NaClO. In solution, it has often been used as a disinfectant, bleach and in water purification.
What do you use Sodium Hypochlorite for?
- Disinfectant: Effective for killing bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms.
- Sanitation: Used in municipal water treatment plants to kill harmful microbes.
- Laundry bleach: Removes stains and disinfects substances.
- Cleaning product: Part of many household cleaning products.
Properties of Sodium Hypochlorite
Sodium hypochlorite is a pale yellow liquid that has a distinctive chlorine odor. When mixed with acids, chlorine gas is released, which can be toxic.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Sodium Hypochlorite Dangerous?
Yes, it can be irritating to the eyes, skin and respiratory system. Never mix it with acids or ammonia because of the risk of toxic gas formation.
- How should I store Sodium Hypochlorite?
Store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and away from acids and ammonia.
- Where can I find more information about Sodium Hypochlorite?
For detailed information, please visit [Pubchem – Sodium Hypochlorite].
Where can I buy high quality sodium hypochlorite?
Looking for high quality sodium hypochlorite? DutchChems is your reliable source for this powerful chemical compound.