What is Sodium Percarbonate?
Sodium percarbonate (Na 2 CO3·1.5H 2 O2) isa white, granular or powdery salt known for its excellent bleaching and disinfecting properties. It is often known as a “green” alternative to traditional bleaches, as it breaks down into oxygen, water, and sodium carbonate upon contact with water.
What do you use Sodium Percarbonate for?
Sodium percarbonate has various applications:
- Household: As a safer and more environmentally friendly alternative to chlorine bleaches. It is often used in oxygen bleaches and other cleaning products.
- Industrial: For bleaching paper and textiles, and in some disinfectant cleaners.
- Water treatment: As an algae control agent and to disinfect water.
Properties of Sodium Percarbonate
Sodium percarbonate is a stable, dry source of active oxygen and is biodegradable. It is non-toxic to aquatic life and is non-aggressive to the skin.
Other common areas of application:
- In agriculture as a soil improver.
- In personal care products as a bleach or disinfectant.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I safely store Sodium Percarbonate? Store it in a dry environment, in a tightly closed container, away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Is Sodium Percarbonate Safe for Colored Clothing? Yes, it is usually safe for colors, but it is always recommended to test a small amount in an inconspicuous place before using the product on the entire garment.
- Where can I find more information about Sodium Percarbonate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Sodium Percarbonate?
Looking for Sodium Percarbonate for environmentally friendly cleaning, industrial bleaching or water treatment? DutchChems supplies top quality sodium percarbonate for various needs.