What is Copper Sulfate?
Copper sulfate, with the chemical formula CuSO₄, is a blue crystalline salt, often known as blue vitriol. It is widely used in agriculture, aquaculture and various industrial applications due to its fungicidal and herbicidal properties. DutchChems supplies high quality copper sulphate, ideal for a wide range of professional applications.
What do you use Copper Sulphate for?
Copper sulfate has multiple uses, including:
- Agriculture: As a fungicide and herbicide for the protection of crops.
- Aquaculture: For treating parasites in fish.
- Electroplating: For coating objects with copper.
Properties of Copper Sulfate
Copper sulphate is well soluble in water and is known for its characteristic bright blue color. Due to its versatile properties, it is a popular reagent in laboratories and is widely used in industrial processes.
Other common areas of application:
- In the chemical industry for the production of other copper-containing compounds.
- As an educational reagent in schools and laboratories.
- For treating wood to prevent rot.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Copper Sulfate Toxic? Yes, it can be toxic if ingested and can cause irritation when in contact with the skin. It is important to be careful when handling this substance.
- What is the chemical formula of Copper Sulfate? Its chemical formula is CuSO₄.
- Where can I find more information about Copper Sulphate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Copper Sulphate?
Looking for copper sulphate for agriculture, aquaculture or electroplating? DutchChems supplies high-quality Copper Sulphate for these applications and more. Click here and order now for fast delivery!