What is Selenium?
Selenium is an essential trace element that occurs naturally in various minerals and soils. With a characteristic metallic sheen, selenium is an important element in both organic and inorganic chemistry.
Properties of Selenium
As a versatile chemical element, selenium has several characteristic properties:
- Semiconductor with photovoltaic properties.
- Can occur in various oxidation states.
- Good conductivity of electricity.
Applications of Selenium in Laboratories
Selenium plays a crucial role in numerous laboratory processes:
- Research into solar cells and other semiconductor materials.
- As a catalyst in certain organic synthesis.
- Studies in the biological and biochemical sector, given its role in the human body.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Selenium safe to handle? Yes, with proper handling and storage, selenium is safe. However, it is important to know that certain forms or compounds of selenium can be toxic. Handling with care and knowledge is essential.
- Where can I find more information about Selenium? For detailed information on Selenium, please refer to the supplied safety data sheet or visit Pubchem.
Where Can I Buy High Quality Selenium for Laboratory Use?
Search no further! Our selenium granules are ideal for a variety of laboratory applications, from semiconductor research to biochemical studies. Experience accuracy and reliability in your experiments with our high-quality selenium.