What is Fumaric Acid?
Fumaric acid is an organic acid with the chemical formula C₄H₄O₄. It is a colorless crystalline compound and belongs to the category of dicarboxylic acids. Fumaric acid is widely used in the food and pharmaceutical industries.
What do you use Fumaric acid for?
Fumaric acid has various applications:
- Foods: As a food acidity regulator and as part of some beverages and baked goods.
- Resin production: In the manufacture of unsaturated polyester resins.
- Medicines: As an excipient in certain pharmaceutical products.
- Agriculture: As a fungicide and insecticide.
Dangers of Fumaric Acid
Exposure to fumaric acid can cause irritation of the skin, eyes and respiratory tract. It is important to handle this substance with care and to follow the recommended safety measures.
Other common areas of application:
- In cosmetics for skin care.
- As an intermediate in the chemical industry for synthesis.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Fumaric Acid dangerous?
- Yes, with direct contact it can cause irritation.
- Can I find Fumaric acid in food?
- Yes, it is often used as a food acidity regulator in various products.
- Where can I find more information about Fumaric acid?
- For detailed information about Fumaric acid, please visit Pubchem.
Where can I buy high quality Fumaric acid?
DutchChems is your reliable source for top quality Fumaric acid. For both industrial and personal needs, DutchChems delivers the best product for you.