What is Nickel Sulfate?
Nickel sulfate (NiSO4) is a green to blue crystalline salt. It is one of the most common sources of nickel for various industrial applications and is best known for its role in electroplating technology.
What do you use Nickel Sulfate for?
Nickel sulphate has several applications:
- Electroplating technique: As an electrolyte in nickel plating of metal objects.
- Battery production: In certain types of rechargeable batteries.
- Catalyst: In various chemical processes.
Properties of Nickel Sulfate
Nickel sulphate is well soluble in water and can be toxic if ingested. It is essential to handle the material with proper safety procedures.
Other common areas of application:
- In the textile industry for dyeing fabrics.
- In the manufacture of other nickel salts.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I safely store Nickel Sulphate? Store it in a cool, dry place in a tightly sealed container. Avoid inhalation of dust and avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Is Nickel Sulfate harmful? Yes, prolonged exposure can cause health problems. Always follow safety recommendations.
- Where can I find more information about Nickel Sulphate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Nickel Sulfate?
Looking for Nickel sulphate for electroplating, battery production or as a catalyst? DutchChems offers high quality nickel sulphate for professional industrial applications.