What is Potassium Chlorate?
Potassium chlorate, with the chemical formula KClO₃, is a white crystalline salt known for its powerful oxidative properties. This substance is often used in the production of safety lucifers, weed killers and various other applications where oxidation is desired. DutchChems supplies high quality potassium chlorate, ideal for regulated professional applications.
What do you use Potassium Chlorate for?
Potassium chlorate has several uses, such as:
- Match production: As an oxidizing agent in safety lucifers.
- Agriculture: As a weed killer.
- Chemical laboratory: As oxidation reagent.
Properties of Potassium Chlorate
Potassium chlorate is a powerful oxidizer and easily reacts with various substances, especially in the presence of heat or sparks. Therefore, it must be handled and stored with care.
Other common areas of application:
- In fireworks to produce bright colors and effects.
- As a disinfectant in water treatment.
- In the production of oxygen gas in some experimental setups.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Potassium Chlorate Dangerous? Due to its powerful oxidative properties, it can be dangerous if not treated properly. It should be kept away from flammable materials and heat sources.
- What is the chemical formula of Potassium Chlorate? Its chemical formula is KClO₃.
- Where can I find more information about Potassium Chlorate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Potassium Chlorate?
Are you looking for Potassium Chlorate for match production, weed control or chemical research? DutchChems offers pure Potassium Chlorate for controlled and regulated applications. Order directly for fast delivery, but pay attention to the necessary safety regulations!