What is Potassium Permanganate?
Potassium permanganate, with the chemical formula KMnO₄, is a purple crystalline solid. Due to its strong oxidizing properties, it is widely used in both laboratory experiments and industrial applications. DutchChems supplies high quality potassium permanganate, ideal for various applications.
What do you use Potassium Permanganate for?
Potassium permanganate has several applications, such as:
- Water treatment: For the oxidative removal of organic substances from water.
- Disinfection: As a disinfectant in medical and general applications.
- Laboratory: As a powerful reagent in various chemical experiments.
Properties of Potassium Permanganate
Potassium permanganate is well soluble in water and produces an intense purple solution. Due to its oxidizing properties, it is used in a wide range of chemical reactions and processes.
Other common areas of application:
- In wound care as an antiseptic.
- For cleaning and disinfecting aquariums.
- As a countermeasure to specific poisonings in medicine.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Potassium Permanganate Dangerous? Yes, it is a strong oxidizer and can ignite flammable substances. Caution should be exercised when handling and storing this substance.
- What is the chemical formula of Potassium Permanganate? Its chemical formula is KMnO₄.
- Where can I find more information about Potassium Permanganate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Potassium Permanganate?
Looking for Potassium Permanganate for water treatment, disinfection or chemical research? DutchChems offers high-quality Potassium Permanganate for various professional applications. Order now and experience the quality!