What is Caustic Soda?
Caustic soda, also known as sodium hydroxide or caustic soda, is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula NaOH. It is a white, odorless and very corrosive alkali metal hydroxide.
What do you use Caustic soda for?
- Soap manufacturing: Caustic soda is an important raw material for the production of both hard and liquid soap.
- Textile industry: Used in the textile industry for shrinking cotton and for degreasing fabrics.
- Paper production: In the production of paper to remove lignin from wood pulp.
- Food industry: In the food processing industry for cleaning and degreasing.
- Drain cleaner: As an effective drain unblocker.
Properties of Caustic soda
Caustic soda is a powerful base capable of converting fats into soap. It is soluble in water, ethanol and methanol, releasing heat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is caustic soda dangerous?
Absolutely, it is a very corrosive substance that can cause severe burns upon contact with the skin or eyes. It is essential to always wear protective equipment when handling caustic soda.
- How should I store Caustic soda?
Store it in a tightly sealed container in a cool, dry and well-ventilated place. Avoid contact with acid.
- Where can I find more information about Caustic Soda?
For in-depth information, please visit [Pubchem – Sodium Hydroxide].
Where can I buy high quality caustic soda?
Are you looking for high quality caustic soda? DutchChems is your reliable supplier for various chemical substances.