What is Sodium Molybdate?
Sodium molybdate, with the chemical formula Na2MoO4, is a white crystalline powder used primarily as a source of molybdenum. This compound has various industrial and research applications and is an essential component in various processes.
What do you use Sodium Molybdate for?
Sodium molybdate has various applications:
- Agriculture: As a fertilizer component to promote plant growth.
- Industrial: In the production of molybdenum metal and alloys.
- Chemical Research: As a catalyst in various reactions.
Properties of Sodium Molybdate
Sodium molybdate is highly soluble in water and often forms the basis for molybdate solutions used in various chemical reactions and processes.
Other common areas of application:
- In corrosion inhibitors for industrial applications.
- As a tracer element in animal diets.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I safely store Sodium Molybdate? Store it in a cool, dry place in a tightly sealed container, away from incompatible substances.
- Is Sodium Molybdate toxic? Overexposure can be harmful. Always consult safety data before working with the substance.
- Where can I find more information about Sodium Molybdate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where Can I Buy Sodium Molybdate?
Are you looking for Sodium Molybdate for agriculture, industrial production or chemical research? DutchChems offers high quality sodium molybdate for your specific requirements.