What is White Spirit?
Turpentine, also known as White Spirit, is a clear, flammable liquid with a characteristic odor. It is often used as a solvent in paint products, lacquers and cleaning agents.
What do you use Turpentine (White Spirit)?
Turpentine has several uses, including:
- Painting: As a solvent for oil paints and other paint products.
- Home use: For cleaning brushes and rollers, and for removing paint stains from clothing and fabrics.
- Industry: In the production of some chemical compounds and as a cleaning agent.
Properties of White Spirit
Turpentine is less viscous than oil and has a stronger dissolving capacity than most other natural solvents. This makes it effective for diluting oil-based products.
Other common areas of application:
- As a starter fluid for barbecues and campfires.
- In the production of rubber and shoe polish.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Turpentine (White Spirit) harmful? Yes, exposure to high concentrations can be harmful. It is advisable to work in a well-ventilated area and avoid direct contact with the skin and eyes.
- How should I store Turpentine safely? Store it in a cool, dry place far away from open flames and sparks. Make sure it is tightly sealed to prevent evaporation and exposure.
Where can I buy Turpentine (White Spirit)?
Looking for Turpentine (White Spirit) for painting, industrial purposes or household chores? DutchChems offers top quality turpentine for all your needs.