What is Urea?
Urea, also known as carbamide, is an organic compound that appears as white, odorless crystals. It is an important metabolism product in the body and is often produced synthetically for various applications in industry and healthcare.
What do you use Urea for?
Urea has versatile applications:
- Skin care: As a moisturizer in creams and lotions to moisturize the skin.
- Agriculture: As a source of nitrogen in fertilizers.
- Automotive: For the production of AdBlue, a solution that helps reduce nitrogen oxide emissions in diesel vehicles.
Properties of Urea
Urea is highly soluble in water and alcohol, and it is often used for its moisturizing and keratolytic properties, keeping the skin soft and hydrated.
Other common areas of application:
- In the textile industry for softening and processing fabrics.
- As a raw material in the chemical industry for the production of resins, plastics and pharmaceutical products.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I safely store Urea? Store it in a cool, dry place in a tightly sealed container. Avoid prolonged exposure to air and moisture.
- Is Urea safe for the skin? Yes, in skin care products it is often used to reduce dryness and flaking. However, always consult the instructions and use recommended concentrations.
- Where can I find more information about Urea? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Urea?
Are you looking for high quality urea for skin care, agriculture or industrial applications? DutchChems offers Urea for various professional needs.