What is Zinc Sulfate?
Zinc sulfate (ZnSO4) is an inorganic compound that appears as a white crystalline solid. It is an important salt of zinc and is used in various industries and applications due to its role as a zinc source.
What do you use Zinc Sulphate for?
Zinc sulphate has various applications:
- Agriculture: As fertilizer to correct zinc deficiencies in crops.
- Medical: In dietary supplements and as a treatment for zinc deficiency.
- Industry: In the production of rayon fibers, preservatives and as an electrolyte in battery production.
Properties of Zinc Sulphate
Zinc sulfate is water-soluble and is often used in solution for a variety of applications, including galvanization. It also has antimicrobial properties.
Other common areas of application:
- As a corrosion inhibitor in industry.
- In the tanning industry for the treatment of leather.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I safely store Zinc Sulphate? Store it in a cool, dry place in a tightly sealed container to minimize the risk of moisture absorption.
- Is Zinc Sulfate Toxic? Although it is important for many biological processes in low doses, excessive intake of zinc sulfate can be harmful. It is always important to take precautions and follow the recommended dosages.
- Where can I find more information about Zinc Sulphate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Zinc Sulphate?
Are you looking for zinc sulphate for agricultural, healthcare or industrial purposes? DutchChems supplies high quality zinc sulphate for various applications.