What is Acetonitrile?
Acetonitrile, also known as methyl cyanide, is a colorless liquid with a slightly sweet odor. Chemically, it has the formula CH3CN. It is an important organic solvent and is often used in laboratories and in industry.
What do you use Acetonitrile for?
- Solvent: In organic synthesis and chromatography because of its polarity.
- Extraction solvent: For separating substances in various industries.
- Pharmaceutical industry: As a solvent in the production of medicines.
- Batteries: Used in the production of lithium-ion batteries.
Dangers of Acetonitrile
Acetonitrile can be harmful to health if inhaled, swallowed or absorbed through the skin. It is important to take proper safety precautions when handling this chemical.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Acetonitrile toxic?
Yes, Acetonitrile can be harmful when exposed. It is important to handle this substance safely and avoid exposure.
- In which industries is Acetonitrile most commonly used?
It is often used in laboratories, in organic synthesis and in the pharmaceutical industry as a solvent.
- Where can I find more information about Acetonitrile?
For more detailed details, please visit [Pubchem – Acetonitrile].
Where can I buy high quality Acetonitrile?
For high quality Acetonitrile you have come to the right place at DutchChems.