What is Calcium Carbonate?
Calcium carbonate is a common, naturally occurring substance found in rocks around the world. It is often seen as a white powder or as chalk and limestone. Calcium carbonate is an important component in the construction industry and is also used in various industries. Our Calcium Carbonate is of high quality, ideal for a variety of professional applications.
What do you use Calcium Carbonate for?
Calcium carbonate has a wide range of applications:
- Food industry: As a dietary supplement and acidity regulator.
- Pharmaceutical: In antacid medication to relieve heartburn.
- Industrial: In construction as the main component of cement.
- Consumer goods: In toothpaste, cosmetics and household cleaners.
Properties of Calcium Carbonate
Calcium carbonate is known for its versatility. It is valued for its neutral character and the ability to neutralize acids. It is also used to give texture to various products and as a filler in the plastics industry.
Other common areas of application:
- As a filler in paper, paint and plastics.
- As a source of calcium in pet food.
- In the agricultural sector to regulate the pH of acidic soils.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Calcium Carbonate Safe for Consumption? Yes, in regulated amounts it is recognized as safe (GRAS) by many health organizations.
- What is the chemical formula of Calcium Carbonate? Its chemical formula is CaCO₃.
- Where can I find more information about Calcium Carbonate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Calcium Carbonate?
Are you looking for Calcium carbonate for industrial, pharmaceutical or food purposes? At DutchChems you will find high quality calcium carbonate, suitable for various applications. Place your order today and take advantage of our fast delivery!