What is Calcium Chloride?
Calcium chloride is an inorganic compound, a salt with the chemical formula CaCl₂. It is a white crystalline substance in solid form and is highly soluble in water. Our Calcium Chloride is of high quality and ideal for various professional applications.
What do you use Calcium Chloride for?
Calcium chloride has numerous applications in various sectors:
- Road maintenance: As a thawing saline solution for roads in case of icing.
- Food industry: As a preservative and firming agent.
- Industrial: In concrete mixes to accelerate curing.
- Chemical production: As a desiccant to absorb moisture.
Properties of Calcium Chloride
Calcium chloride is hygroscopic in nature, which means that it absorbs water from the air. Due to this property, it is often used in storage rooms and containers to regulate moisture.
Other common areas of application:
- As an antifreeze in refrigeration plants.
- In swimming pools to increase calcium levels.
- As an electrolyte in sports drinks.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Calcium Chloride Safe for Consumption? In small quantities and in certain food products, it is safe, but it should not be consumed in large quantities.
- What is the chemical formula of Calcium Chloride? Its chemical formula is CaCl₂.
- Where can I find more information about Calcium Chloride? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Calcium Chloride?
Are you looking for calcium chloride for industrial or food purposes? At DutchChems you will find high quality calcium chloride, suitable for various applications. Place your order now and receive the product quickly!