What is Calcium Hydroxide?
Calcium hydroxide, often referred to as slaked lime or slaked lime, is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula Ca(OH)₂. It appears as a white powder or crystal and is slightly soluble in water. Our Calcium Hydroxide is of high quality and extremely suitable for various professional applications.
What do you use Calcium Hydroxide for?
Calcium hydroxide has several applications:
- Water treatment: For neutralizing acidic waters.
- Construction industry: In the production of mortars, plasters and cement.
- Agriculture: To correct the pH of acidic soils.
- Food industry: In the preparation of certain foods such as corn tortillas.
Properties of Calcium Hydroxide
Calcium hydroxide is known for its strong alkaline properties. When added to water, it releases a strong base that can neutralize acids.
Other common areas of application:
- In the tannery for hair removal of hides.
- As an intermediate in the production of calcium salts.
- In the treatment of wastewater to neutralize harmful gases.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Calcium Hydroxide Safe for Consumption? Only in food quality and in certain regulated quantities. It should not be consumed in large quantities.
- What is the chemical formula of Calcium Hydroxide? Its chemical formula is Ca(OH)₂.
- Where can I find more information about Calcium Hydroxide? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Calcium Hydroxide?
Are you looking for Calcium Hydroxide for industrial, construction or food-related applications? At DutchChems you will find high quality calcium hydroxide for various applications. Place your order today for fast delivery!