What is Citric Acid?
Citric acid is a weak organic acid with the chemical formula C₆H₈O₇. It occurs naturally in citrus fruits, particularly in lemons and limes. Due to its sour taste and preservative properties, it is widely used in the food and beverage industry.
What do you use Citric Acid for?
Citric acid has various uses, such as:
- Food and beverages: As a preservative, acidity regulator and flavor enhancer in countless products, from soft drinks to sweets.
- Cleaning agent: For the removal of limescale and for the overall household cleaning.
- Cosmetics and skin care: In shampoos, lotions and other products due to its pH-regulating properties.
- Industrial applications: As a rust remover and in the textile industry for dyeing and printing fabrics.
Dangers of Citric Acid
Although citric acid is generally safe for use, it can cause irritation to the skin and eyes when in direct contact. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid contact and wear appropriate protection.
Other common areas of application:
- As an antioxidant in foods.
- In the production of bath bubble balls.
- As a natural preservative in organic products.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Citric Acid Natural?
- Yes, citric acid occurs naturally in citrus fruits, but it can also be produced industrially.
- Can I use citric acid to clean my coffee maker?
- Yes, it is a popular choice for descaling coffee makers and other household appliances.
- Where can I find more information about Citric Acid?
- For detailed information about Citric Acid please visit [PubChem link naar “Citric Acid”].
Where can I buy high quality citric acid?
If you’re looking for top quality citric acid, DutchChems is the place to go. We deliver quickly and guarantee the best quality for all your needs.