What is Formalin?
Formalin, also known as formaldehyde solution, is a solution of formaldehyde in water, often with a small amount of methanol to prevent polymerization. It is a colorless liquid with a strong, pungent odor and is widely used as a disinfectant, preservative and in the production of resins.
What do you use Formalin for?
- Preserve: As a preservative in biological sciences and pathology.
- Disinfection: As a disinfectant in various industries.
- Production of resins: Used in the production of various types of resins and plastics.
- Textile industry: To give wrinkle freedom to fabrics.
- Production of building materials: In products such as chipboard and insulation.
Dangers of Formalin
Formalin is a toxic and irritating substance. Exposure can lead to irritation of the eyes, nose and throat. It is also classified as a human carcinogen. It is essential to always wear protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles, when working with this fabric.
Other common areas of application:
- In the production of urea-formaldehyde and phenol-formaldehyde resins.
- As a reducing agent in the photographic industry.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the difference between formaldehyde and formalin?
Formalin is an aqueous solution of formaldehyde, often with a small amount of methanol added.
- Is Formalin dangerous?
Yes, it is toxic and can cause irritation and other health problems when exposed. It is classified as a human carcinogen.
- Where can I find more information about Formalin?
For detailed information, please visit [Pubchem – Formaldehyde].
Where can I buy high quality Formalin?
If you’re looking for top quality formalin, DutchChems is the place to be. We guarantee fast delivery and the best quality for all your needs.