What is Isobutanol?
Isobutanol, chemically referred to as C₄H₁₀O, is an organic compound. It is one of the isomers of butanol. Isobutanol is a colorless, flammable liquid used in various industrial applications.
What do you use Isobutanol for?
- Solvent: Used in industry as a solvent for resins, oils and other organic substances.
- Chemical production: As an intermediate in the synthesis of other chemicals.
- Biofuels: Research shows that it has potential as a bio-based fuel.
- Flavourings and fragrances: In lower concentrations, it is used as an ingredient in perfumes and flavorings.
Dangers of Isobutanol
Isobutanol may be harmful if inhaled, swallowed or in contact with the skin. It is advisable to always take safety measures, such as wearing protective clothing and working in a well-ventilated environment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Isobutanol flammable?
Yes, Isobutanol is flammable and should be stored far away from open flames and sparks.
- What are the main uses of Isobutanol?
It is often used as a solvent, in chemical production and in biofuel research.
- Where can I find more information about Isobutanol?
For more information, please visit [Pubchem – Isobutanol].
Where can I buy high quality Isobutanol?
For high quality Isobutanol you can go to DutchChems.