What is Potassium Sulfate?
Potassium sulfate, with the chemical formula K₂SO₄, is a white, crystalline salt. It is also known as sulfuric acid potassium salt and is widely used in agriculture as a source of potassium. DutchChems supplies potassium sulphate of high quality, suitable for various agricultural and industrial applications.
What do you use Potassium Sulfate for?
Potassium sulfate has several uses, including:
- Agriculture: As a fertilizer that provides potassium and sulfur to crops without the addition of chloride.
- Industry: In the production of glass and detergents.
- Laboratory: As a reagent in various chemical experiments.
Properties of Potassium Sulfate
Potassium sulfate is not hygroscopic and dissolves easily in water, making it very suitable for irrigation systems in agriculture. It provides an essential source of potassium for the healthy growth of plants without the risk of chloride toxicity.
Other common areas of application:
- In the food industry as a stabilizer.
- As part of alkaline batteries.
- For the treatment of skin diseases in medicine.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Potassium Sulfate Safe for Plants? Yes, it is an excellent source of potassium for plants and is especially beneficial in areas where chloride toxicity can be a problem.
- What is the chemical formula of Potassium Sulfate? Its chemical formula is K₂SO₄.
- Where can I find more information about Potassium Sulfate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Potassium Sulfate?
Looking for Potassium Sulphate for agriculture, glass production or chemical experiments? DutchChems offers high-quality Potassium Sulphate, essential for a range of professional applications. Order now for fast delivery!