What is Sodium Persulfate?
Sodium persulfate (Na 2 S2O8)is a white crystalline salt characterized by its powerful oxidative properties. It is often used as a powerful oxidizing agent in various industries and laboratories.
What do you use Sodium Persulfate for?
Sodium persulfate has various applications:
- Electronics: For etching printed circuit boards.
- Cosmetics: As an initiator in the polymerization of resins and other plastic compounds.
- Laboratory: As an oxidizing agent in various chemical reactions.
Properties of Sodium Persulfate
Sodium persulfate is a strong oxidizer that should be handled with caution. It reacts with organic materials and can produce flammable gases.
Other common areas of application:
- In the textile industry for bleaching textiles and fibers.
- As a disinfectant in swimming pools and spas.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I safely store Sodium Persulfate? Store it in a cool, dry environment, in a tightly closed container, away from organic materials and heat sources.
- Is Sodium Persulfate Dangerous? Yes, it is a strong oxidizer and can produce flammable gases if it comes into contact with organic substances. Always take appropriate precautions when using it.
- Where can I find more information about Sodium Persulfate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Sodium Persulfate?
Are you looking for sodium persulfate for etching, polymerization or laboratory applications? DutchChems offers top quality sodium persulfate for various professional requirements.