What is Sodium Phosphate?
Sodium phosphate, a common name for a series of salts with the formula Nax(PO4)y, is a white crystalline powder that comes in various forms, including monosodium phosphate, disodium phosphate, and trisodium phosphate. It has diverse industrial, culinary and medical applications.
What do you use Sodium Phosphate for?
Sodium phosphate has several applications:
- Food industry: As food preservative, emulsifier and pH regulator.
- Medicine: In laxatives and for the preparation of colonoscopies.
- Industrial: In soap and detergent formulations and water treatment.
Properties of Sodium Phosphate
Sodium phosphate is well soluble in water and is often used for its buffering capacities and pH-regulating properties.
Other common areas of application:
- In the textile industry for preparing fabrics for dyeing.
- As an anti-caking agent in powdered products.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I safely store Sodium Phosphate? Store it in a cool, dry place, protected from moisture, in a tightly sealed container.
- Is Sodium Phosphate Safe for Consumption? In the food industry, it is often used as an additive, but it is always good to check the recommended dosages and purity for specific applications.
- Where can I find more information about Sodium Phosphate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Sodium Phosphate?
Are you looking for Sodium Phosphate for food, medical or industrial applications? DutchChems supplies high quality sodium phosphate for your specific needs.