What is Sodium Silicate (Soda Water Glass)?
Sodium silicate, also known as Soda water glass, is a generic name for chemical compounds with the formula Na2x SiO2+x or (Na2O)x·SiO2. These solids are white powders that are water-soluble and range in solutions from slightly transparent to opalescent.
What do you use Sodium Silicate for?
- Binder: Sodium silicate is used as a binder in detergent and cleaning preparations.
- Conservation: As a preservative for eggs by sealing the pores of the eggshells.
- Cement: Used in concrete and as a quick-drying cement.
- Textile: As a fastener in the textile industry.
- Water treatment: For water treatment and soil stabilization.
Properties of Sodium Silicate
Sodium silicate forms a gel-like substance when dissolved in water. It is known for its highly alkaline properties.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Sodium Silicate Dangerous?
Yes, it is a corrosive substance that can cause skin and eye irritation. It is important to take precautions when working with Sodium Silicate.
- How should I store Sodium Silicate?
It should be stored in a tightly sealed container in a dry and well-ventilated place.
- Where can I find more information about Sodium Silicate?
For detailed information, please visit [Pubchem – Sodium Silicate].
Where Can I Buy High Quality Sodium Silicate?
Are you looking for high quality sodium silicate? DutchChems is your reliable supplier for various chemical substances.