What is Cyclohexane?
Cyclohexane is a colorless liquid with a distinctive sweet and ethereal scent. It is a cycloalkane with the chemical formula C6H12. Cyclohexane is widely used as a non-polar solvent and as an intermediate in the chemical industry.
What do you use Cyclohexane for?
- Production of Nylon: It is an important intermediate in the production of nylon, specifically for the manufacture of adipic acid and caprolactam.
- Solvent: Due to its non-polar nature, it is often used as a solvent in organic synthesis.
- Laboratory applications: Used in labs for various reactions, including certain chromatographic processes.
- Production of plastics: An important ingredient in the manufacture of certain types of plastics.
Dangers of Cyclohexane
Cyclohexane is highly flammable and may cause dizziness or intoxication if inhaled. It is important to work in well-ventilated areas and use the appropriate protective equipment when handling Cyclohexane.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Cyclohexane flammable?
Yes, it is a highly flammable substance and should be kept away from open flames or high temperatures.
- What is Cyclohexane mainly used for?
It is mainly used as an intermediate in the production of nylon and as a solvent in organic synthesis.
- Where can I find more information about Cyclohexane?
For more detailed details, please visit [Pubchem – Cyclohexane].
Where can I buy high quality Cyclohexane?
For top quality Cyclohexane you have come to the right place at DutchChems. Perfect for both industrial and laboratory applications.