What is Iron Sulphate – Iron(II) Sulphate?
Iron sulfate, often referred to as Iron(II) Sulfate, is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula FeSO₄. It usually appears as a blue-green or yellow-white crystalline powder and is widely used in various application areas. Our Iron Sulphate is of high quality, ideal for both industrial and agricultural use.
What do you use Iron Sulphate – Iron(II) Sulphate?
Iron sulphate has several uses, including:
- Agriculture: As a fertilizer for iron deficiency correction in plants.
- Water treatment: For removing phosphate and as a flocculant.
- Tanneries: In the production of leather goods.
Properties of Ferrous Sulphate – Iron(II) Sulphate
Iron sulfate is known for its high solubility in water and its ability to effectively address iron deficiency in plants. When exposed to air, it can oxidize, giving it a rusty brown color.
Other common areas of application:
- As a dye in laboratories.
- In medicine as an iron supplement.
- As a mordant when dyeing fabrics.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Iron Sulphate – Iron(II) Sulphate Safe? In proper dosages and applications, it is safe, but overdose and intake should be avoided.
- What is the chemical formula of Iron Sulfate? Its chemical formula is FeSO₄.
- Where can I find more information about Iron Sulphate – Iron(II) Sulphate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Iron Sulphate – Iron(II) Sulphate?
Are you looking for Iron Sulphate – Iron(II) Sulphate for agriculture, water treatment or tanneries? DutchChems offers high-quality Iron Sulphate suitable for various applications, such as fertilizer, water purification and more. Order now!