What is Sodium Chlorate?
Sodium chlorate, with the chemical formula NaClO3, is a white, crystalline powder that is highly soluble in water. This salt is known for its strong oxidizing properties and is used in various areas.
What do you use Sodium Chlorate for?
Sodium chlorate has several uses, including:
- Paper industry: Used in pulp bleaching.
- Herbicide: For weed control in certain specialized applications.
- Chemical synthesis: As an oxidizing agent in various reactions.
Properties of Sodium Chlorate
Due to its powerful oxidizing ability, sodium chlorate should be handled with care. It reacts strongly with flammable substances and can cause fire or explosions upon contact with flammable materials.
Other common areas of application:
- In the manufacture of explosives and fireworks.
- As a disinfectant in water treatment processes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How should I safely store Sodium Chlorate? It is essential to store it in a cool, dry place, separated from flammable and organic materials, in a tightly sealed container.
- Is Sodium Chlorate Dangerous? Due to its strong oxidizing properties, it can cause fires or explosions when in contact with combustible substances. Always take proper precautions.
- Where can I find more information about Sodium Chlorate? More information can be found in the safety data sheets offered, or at: Pubchem.
Where can I buy Sodium Chlorate?
Are you looking for sodium chlorate for industrial applications or for laboratory research? DutchChems supplies top quality sodium chlorate for your specific needs.